We’ve seen some crazy and epic track designers doing their magic with our track building tool the last couple of months. Hundreds if not thousands of people have downloaded and enjoyed these custom tracks. You guys are awesome! For all of you who love designing tracks, we have an opportunity for you: the first Liftoff track building contest!
Your mission is simple, build an awesome track in the newly released Liftoff Arena environment, make sure it has working race functionality and make an awesome video of it. Send your results to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll select the top three results. These three finalists will be revealed to the community, which will then decide who wins the first track building contest!
What can you win?
- Your time in the spotlight: the honor and respect of more than 15.000 Liftoff players.
- Your track and race will be released as official built-in content in an upcoming Liftoff update.
- The CEO of LuGus Studios will write a personalized recommendation on your LinkedIN profile, social media page or portfolio, honoring your contribution to Liftoff and your design skills.
- 5 Steam keys to share with friends and family for a total value of €100.
Track building guidelines
- The track must be built in the Liftoff Arena environment.
- The track must have an accompanying race, created in the Race Editor.
- The design must be believable. It should be possible to build the track in real life.
- Use track items in reasonable and realistic numbers. Too many assets could negatively affect the performance of the game, so keep your fellow players in mind.
- While we do not prohibit the use of external track building tools, the results must be reproducible with just the tools provided in the game.
- Contestants can send in a maximum of two tracks for the contest. These can be variations of the same track.
- Designers can send a maximum of 2 tracks for this contest. This could be a variation of the same track.
How to submit your track?
- Make sure your track follows the design guidelines provided in this blog post.
- Send the Track and Race xml files to email@example.com
- Use “TRACK BUILDING CONTEST” as your email title.
- Create a Youtube video of your track, showcasing your design to the dev team and the community. Provide a link to the video in your email.
- Send the results before April 20.
The team is excited to see your results. Good luck and enjoy!