Milestone 0.8.0 is just around the corner, but not completely there yet. That doesn’t stop us from releasing new updates for you. Update 0.7.5 is completely dedicated to community requests, including more track design options and spectator mode in Freeflight! Enjoy ^^
- Spectator is available for multiplayer freeflight. Press the player’s icon in the game, or the spectate button in the pause menu. Reset to start flying again.
- Added The Drawing Board building blocks
- Obfuscated the Liftoff code to prevent / make it harder to actually cheat.
- Encrypted all network messages being sent.
- Fixed issue in the multiplayer freeflight where a player’s status would be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where the horizon line would still show during spectator mode.
- Fixed issue where a player would get sent to spectator too abruptly (i.e. when a player finishes or crashes)
- Fixed issue with the trail color picker in the waiting room where you could select the color of another player.
- Fixed alignment issue with the multiplayer track and race selection panels.
- Fixed other minor issues
Building blocks for The Drawing Board
The Liftoff community is full of creative minds. Not only did we just pass more than 500 unique community created tracks, we constantly get requests for more track items and even complete map building tools. While creating a complete map editor is currently out of our reach as a development team, we do hope this update includes something that gives you more design freedom.
Specifically, but limited to The Drawing Board, we add building blocks to Liftoff. These building blocks are designed to fit the grid-based design of The Drawing Board and provided almost unlimited possibilities for the Liftoff creators. We definitely want to hear from you what Drawing Board building blocks you would like to see in future updates.
Anti-cheat & security
In past blog posts we mentioned our desire to further improve and stimulate online competition in Liftoff. Part of this is making sure everything is secure and happens correctly. We put great efforts in securing our code and making sure anyone with cheating intentions is going to have a hard time getting anything done. It means we are closer to doing official tournaments, and guaranteed winners based on secure race results. With all our multiplayer infrastructure becoming more mature, we are gearing up for great things to come!