We’ve been working on a big update for the last couple of weeks. Adding the oft-requested race functionality to Liftoff is a huge chunk of work, but we didn’t want to make you wait too long. Therefore, this update includes a first teaser version of this mode. You will be able to race in three of the built-in Tracks, accessible through the new “Race” button in the main menu. This part of the game will be expanded upon in the next updates. We’re hard at work making it possible for you to manage, configure, create and share your own Races and to store record times.
This update includes:
- First race mode teaser.
- A potential performance upgrade for Tracks. This may or may not have a visible positive effect on your performance.
- A performance fix where faulty debug code was running when it shouldn’t have.
- The reset button in the Flight Controller Settings window no longer restores default to incorrect values.
- The default PID settings have been updated to those proposed by Pierre Ponpont, one of the engineers on the Vortex.
- Solved some input issues. Unable to navigate through the menu on PS4 controller.
- Minor changes to the current official tracks.
- Fixed some small random bugs.